Project: “Digital Sphere - A Finnish-Russian Ecosystem for Television over Broadcast and Internet”
Implementation period: April 2012 – March 2014
Lead Partner: Saint-Petersburg Electrotechnical University “LETI”, Saint-Petersburg
JSC “Zavod im. Kozitsky”, St.-Petersburg, Russia
Committee on Informatization and Communications, City Administration, St. Petersburg, Russia
Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT, Finland, Uusimaa
Maxisat-yhtiöt Oy, Finland, Uusimaa
Kouvola Innovation Ltd, Finland, Kymenlaakso
The key purpose of the Project is to combine the achievements and the potential of the Russian and Finnish participants of the Project in order to develop new advanced ICT technologies, perspective products and markets in the Program region and beyond.
The main directions of joint activity are: marketing research; development of technology and equipment; active cooperation of Russian and Finnish specialists and organizations; information exchange.
1. Combine achievements and potential of the Russian and Finnish participants of the Project in order to develop new advanced ICT technologies.
2. Create preconditions for realization of e-programs adopted by the Russian government, such as e-government, e-health, e-learning etc.
3. Create preconditions for formation of an ecosystem of SME-companies offering a wide variety of ICT, multimedia and content services in the program area.
1. Created Centre of Research & Development; defined mechanism of cooperation and research plans; marketing analysis;
2. Pilot versions of the equipment in the agreed sectors of ICT technology;
3. Tested samples of the developed equipment;
4. Testing zone and laboratory testing set-up for the new technologies established;
5. New educational programs in the field of the Project;
6. Trained personnel;
7. Seminars and conferences carried out;
8. Disseminated information on achievements of the Project.